- A detailed report with a description of floc structure characteristics
- Analysis of dispersed growth in the bulk liquid between the flocs
- Higher life form organisms observed
- Predominant higher life form organism
- Filamentous bacteria rank/abundance
- Filamentous bacteria impact on overall floc structure
- Estimated % of healthy filamentous bacteria,
- Correlation of filament types and other indicator organism types to associated causes
- Gram stain, Neisser stain, reverse India ink stain
- Fluorescent viability stain (estimates viable fraction of bacteria), and general operational considerations. Green=alive and viable. Red=dead and not viable (uses fluorescent microscope)
*General operational considerations:
We also encourage clients to call or plan a short call to discuss findings and any operational suggestions.
Same as above but report guaranteed within 24 hours of us receiving the sample or higher rate does not apply (please call ahead for availability).
Standard + DNA Summary
The report compares DNA findings to Microscopy results providing additional insight and comparing findings using our Library database.
Important notes about DNA analysis:
- We DO NOT recommend DNA analysis without Microscopy....with the exception of qPCR in which DNA is only targeting a specific primer (genus or species) of note (i.e. Nitrosomonas, Nitrospira, etc).
- DNA analysis can be a complimentary service along with microscopy in certain instances.
- Please contact to discuss further.
- Please refer to the bottom of the pricing table for additional information.
- The Anthrone test measures carbohydrates (polysaccharide) % of dry weight indicating nutrient availability status for the bacteria.
*At >25% polysaccharide per dry weight low nutrient availability is suspected.
- For micro + DNA summary reports we recommend working directly with the DNA lab of your choice and they can provide us with the DNA data to correlate to microscopy results. It is then essential that the sample (s) collected are taken on the same date with one being shipped to the DNA lab and the other to our lab.
DNA Lab Testing Services of Note:
* Another option available is that we can preserve and ship out the DNA sample however our micro report and micro/ DNA summary then includes the cost of the DNA testing, the cost of shipping, and a 10% markup in which we would pay the DNA company directly for the testing.
If there is a common RAS line for two basins it is very likely that they will be similar and a sample at the splitter box before the clarifier(s) is usually sufficient. Please feel free to email or call with any questions. We ask that samples are not combined into 1 from various basins/ SBRs etc. Typically for SBR processes, each cell should be analyzed as they often behave differently (act as separate plants etc.)
Training can be customized per client need.
- Electronic/webinars based on onsite training.
Classes may include:
- High-quality phase contrast microscopes that can be brought for hands-on training.
- We collect the majority of the filament types and various samples so classes can view a high amount of samples in addition to their own.
For identification of filament types we typically work backward with identifying “known” filament types and work up towards analyzing an unknown sample.
Customized Microbiology Poster
- Posters can include up to 18 microorganism images and can be customized per client preference
- Anything from a sample on the poster.
Many plants find it beneficial to have a customized poster in front of their microscope so they can correlate their findings to reporting (“birdwatching”).
Please call ahead to discuss details if a poster is requested.
We offer a range of tests however want to make sure that we are catering the test to the desired results.
With bench-scale testing, we aim to simulate process conditions as best as possible and cater the test to specific needs (i.e. nitrification study, respirometry, toxicity testing, COD removal etc.)
When the new client sends a sample in note on the custody form who provided the referral. Ryan will match up the email and note on custody form and make a note to not invoice existing client for their next sample.
There is no limit to the number of discount referrals till the end of the 2021 calendar year.